The Rubin Center, including MERIA Journal, the Rubin blog, and Rubin Publications, has created and maintains the Rubin Center websites in order to provide artistic and scholarly information and resources to the public via the internet. By using this sites and their content you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms, which the Rubin Center may change at any time.
The Rubin Center website is sole property of the Rubin Center for Research in International Affairs
All of the text, images, marks, logomarks, and other content of the Rubin Center websites (“Site Content”) are proprietary to the Rubin Center or used consistent with the owner’s permission or applicable law or regulation. The Rubin Center authorizes you to view, download, and print the Site Content subject to the following conditions:
- You must adhere to any and all additional terms or restrictions provided within individual sections of the websites relating to particular Site Content;
- Unless otherwise restricted, you may only do so for your own personal and noncommercial use, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws;
- Downloading Site Content for commercial use is prohibited;
- Downloading Site Content for personal websites is subject to review and approval by the Rubin Center provided your site takes no advertising and has no commercial sponsors, does not charge a fee for services, and does not offer any product or service for sale including your own works, and requests for personal website use should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices, including, without limitation attribution information, credits, and copyright notices, that have been placed in or near the Site Content by the Rubin Center;
- You may not modify the Site Content; and
- Any displays or printouts of the Site Content must be marked “© [insert year of display or printout] The Rubin Center. All rights reserved.”
All parties downloading, printing or using the Site Content in any manner, represent and warrant that their use will be consistent with this license and that they will not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract with or legal duty to any other parties.
Permissions and Requests for Images and Other Site Content
Except as expressly permitted above, reproduction or redistribution of the Site Content or any portion of the Site Content is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of the Rubin Center.
To request images and/or permission to publish or quote from the Rubin Center, please contact us.
The Rubin Center does not distribute or permit reproduction of website text, video, or non-collection images except as expressly permitted above.
The Rubin Center websites sometimes provide blog/s for the exchange of ideas and information.
By posting comments to a Rubin Center blog you agree to avoid abusive language and refrain from posting any content that infringes upon any third party’s rights, including privacy, copyright, trademark, or patent. We have implemented automatic filter software to block offensive language. All comments are posted immediately upon receipt. We reserve the right to modify or delete comments we find to be inappropriate or offensive or not related to the topic. We will not correct spelling, grammar, or factual errors but we may comment on them. We hope you share your thoughts with us. Please note: We may discontinue our blogs at any time. We do not have the ability to remove comments upon your request. By submitting comments, you acknowledge that they will be posted immediately on the World Wide Web. You agree we have the right to quote from your comments in all media now known and hereinafter devised.
Phone Audio Tours
As part of the phone audio tours, the Rubin Center invites people to leave comments. Please know that your comments will be reviewed by the Rubin Center staff and may be reproduced by the Rubin Center in all media now known or hereinafter devised. If you do not want your comment used, please state that clearly after the prompt.
The Rubin Center websites sometimes provide unrestricted forum/s for the exchange of ideas and information by participants. The Rubin Center does not edit or control the information or materials posted to or distributed through these Forums (“Talk Content”). The Rubin Center is not in any way responsible or liable for Talk Content, and claims no proprietary rights of any kind arising from the posting or distribution of material through these Forums.
By posting or distributing information or material through these Forums, you expressly abandon any proprietary rights you may have in such Talk Content, and such information or material may be freely copied and distributed by others without your permission. You are responsible for obtaining permission from any third party owner of proprietary material, such as a copyrighted story or a news article written by another person, before you post or distribute such material through these Forums. The Rubin Center requires you to obtain all necessary permissions before posting or distributing any Talk Content.
The Rubin Center does not warrant that use of the materials displayed in these Forums will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the Rubin Center. For example, some works may be under copyright by the artist or the artist’s heirs holding rights to these works. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
Links to Third Party Websites Are Not Endorsements
Some Rubin Center websites contain links to third party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of the Rubin Center, and the Rubin Center is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. The Rubin Center provides these links as a convenience only, and a link does not imply endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked site by the Rubin Center.
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The Rubin Center makes no representation of any kind regarding the Site Content or any portion thereof. All Site Content is provided in “AS IS” condition, and the Rubin Center expressly disclaims any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use.
Digital Millenium Copyright Act Compliance
The Rubin Center complies with the provisions of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512). If you have any complaints or objections to material posted on the Rubin Center websites please contact us.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The Rubin Center websites (excluding links to websites operated by others) are controlled and operated by the Rubin Center from its offices in and around Los Angeles, California. Although the Rubin Center has made no effort to publish the Rubin Center sites elsewhere, they are accessible in all fifty U.S. states and in other countries due to their presence on the World Wide Web. As each of these states and countries have laws which may differ from each other, and as you and the Rubin Center both benefit from establishing a predictable legal environment in which to publish, access and use the Rubin websites, by publishing, accessing, and/or using the Rubin Center websites you agree that all matters arising from or relating to the use and operation of the Rubin Center websites will be governed by the laws of state, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. You agree that all claims you may have arising from or relating to the operation or use of the Rubin Center websites will be heard and resolved in the courts of the state. You consent to personal jurisdiction of such courts over you, stipulate to the fairness and convenience of proceeding in such courts, and covenant not to assert any objection to proceeding in such courts. If you choose to access the Rubin Center websites from a certain location, you will be responsible for compliance with all local laws of such other locations.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Rubin Center harmless from all claims, causes of action, allegations, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), judgments, liabilities, losses and damages arising from or relating to your use of or operation of the Rubin Center websites.
Link to Us
We thank you for your interest in linking to our site. The Rubin Center’s online logomark may be copied and displayed for the sole purpose of linking to the Rubin Center’s website from the websites operated by other non-profit educational and cultural organizations and institutions, including libraries and museums. Any other use requires specific written permission. Contact us at email@example.com.
In order to obtain the Rubin Center’s logomark for these limited purposes, please carefully read these terms and conditions of use and then fill in the form below.
Terms and Conditions of Use: By displaying, copying or using the Rubin Center’s online logomark you are agreeing to the following:
- Your use of the Rubin Center’s online logomark is to facilitate a link from other not-for-profit educational and cultural institutions and organizations to the Rubin Center’s website.
- All displays and uses of the Rubin Center logomark must include the ® mark contained in the logomark image file as provided by the Rubin Center.
- You will make no alterations to the appearance of the logomark or the ® mark.
- All displays and uses of the Rubin Center logomark online will link to the Rubin Center website’s home page. No change may be made to the technical existence of the logo. The file type may not be altered. You may not use the logomark in conjunction with script such as java or cgi that in any way alter, even momentarily as on mouse-over, its appearance. The logomark may not be manipulated in any fashion that might diminish the functionality of the watermark.
- You will provide the following information on the same page as the logomark: “The Rubin Center logomark is a registered trademark of Rubin Center for Research in International Affairs. All rights reserved.” This may appear as text on the page or preferably as the text in the ‘ALT’ tag for the logo image as provided by the Rubin Center.
- You will specify the URL where the logomark will be used as well as the start date and duration of its use.
- To the extent that goodwill arises from your use of the logomark, it will inure to the Rubin Center.
- You will display or use the logomark in conformance with the permission granted by the Rubin Center and only in connection with goods and services of the same high quality as is associated with the Rubin.
- The Rubin Center reserves the right to revoke this permission at any time and you agree to immediately remove the logomark from your website if requested.