Over the past few years I have documented numerous militias fighting on the side of the regime in Syria, generally an understudied topic (at least as regards native formations: foreign Iranian-backed Shi’a militias intervening in Syria to support the regime are better covered). Below I compile a list of my articles on the subject, sorted by sub-categories (though there may be overlap in some cases, as the article contents will show). I will add to this list as I write more articles.
Al-Bustan Association militias
Factions of Suwayda’ province
Military Intelligence Branch factions
Air Intelligence factions
– Quwat al-Ghadab
– Liwa Usud al-Hussein (Quwat Humat Suriya)
– The Syrian Resistance
– The Ja’afari Force
– Liwa Sayf al-Mahdi
– Syrian Social Nationalist Party (Nusur al-Zawba’a)
– The Arab Nationalist Guard
– Coastal Shield
– Liwa Khaybar
– Liwa Khaybar may be air intelligence and/or military intelligence affiliated.
– Quwat al-Ghadab & Coastal Shield both have Republican Guard affiliations.
– Liwa Sayf al-Mahdi is affiliated with the 4th Armoured Division.